Powerpc netinst iso.

Hello manty,

The powerpc netinst iso does not contain any 2.6 kernels .debs, and as
thus, it fails to install a debian system using 2.6 kernel, since it
tries to install some 2.4 kernels and fails.

There are two solutions possible :

  1) simply add the 2.6 kernels packages + initrd-tools +
  module-init-tools + mkvmlinuz. This would mean around 30MB of space
  used i think. Advantage: it is easy and works. Disadvantage: it grows
  the netinst iso another 30MB, and joeyh thinks that is too much for a
  netinst iso.

  => Additionally, in this case i want to modify the build so that the
  2.6 kernels are the default ones, and the 2.4 kernels are the
  alternative ones, accessed via linux24.

  2) split the netinst/businesscard isos into 2.4 and 2.6. This means
  that the isos will shirnk in size, as we gain around 10-15MB of space
  for removing those kernels. We duplicate the need of isos also. Here
  again the standard one will be the 2.6 kernel, and the 2.4 one will be
  marked with the additional 24 par in the name or something.

What do you think of it, can you comment on this ? On what is the cost
of both solutions from your point of view ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther