Re: Another pcmcia-cs (with DMI support etc.)

Matthew Garrett wrote:
> IBM tend to put the 7-character model id in "Product Name", with the
> (more useful) model name under "Version" - for example:
>
>        DMI type 1, 25 bytes.
>         System Information
>                 Manufacturer: IBM
>                 Product Name: 237167G
>                 Version: ThinkPad X40

OK, I'll modify the script to include Version in $compid if it is not
set to "Not Specified" or "Not Available".

> The older Thinkpad I have (a 240X) has:
>
>         DMI type 1, 25 bytes.
>         System Information
>                 Manufacturer: IBM
>                 Product Name: 260962G
>                 Version: Not Available
>
> The first 4 digits of the product name are model specific, with the next 2
> identifying the hardware spec as shipped. However, more recent models are
> a little more difficult. Both 2369 and 2371 are ThinkPad X40s.

I see. If this applies to any of the models needing special resource
options, there's not much I can do at the moment, but I'll try to do
some research on the web when I get home.

(Please CC me on replies.)

--
Pelle