Re: d-i dated 2004 07 13 failled to boot on a sparc sunblade 100

Fredreik,

Frederik Dannemare wrote:

Hi Joel,
On Thursday 15 July 2004 13:57, Joel Soete wrote:

Hello Frederik,

[ snip ]

RAMDISK: Compressed image found at block 0        <====[*]
Freeing initrd memory: 1814k freed
VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem).
Mounted devfs on /dev
VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem).
Trying to move old root to /initrd ... okay
Mounted devfs on /dev
Setting up filesUnimplemented SPARC system call 188
ystem, please waUnimplemented SPARC system call 188
it ...
Unimplemented SPARC system call 188
Unimplemented SPARC system call 188
Unimplemented SPARC system call 188
Unimplemented SPARC system call 188
Starting system log daemon: syslogd, klogd.
insmod: usb-ohci.o: no module by that name found
modprobe: failed to load module usb-ohci
insmod: usbkbd.o: no module by that name found
modprobe: failed to load module usbkbd
insmod: keybdev.o: no module by that name found
modprobe: failed to load module keybdev
insmod: usbserial.o: no module by that name found
modprobe: failed to load module usbserial

OTC when I go back to gfx console (the linux penguin appears well in
the uper left screen corner :-) )
all seems the same excepted that at <====[*] it failled like you
mentioned in your bug report:
[...]
RAMDISK: Couldn't find valid RAM disk image starting at 0.
Freeing initrd memory: 1820k freed
Press L1-A to return to the boot prom

[ snip ]

If I have understood you correctly, the problem doesn't occur when using a serial console, but does occur when you don't. If so, this sounds a bit odd to me. Maybe you should open a bug report about this behavior.

You have perfectly undurstood.
Allright I will open a br.

Thanks for your attention and advise,
	Joel