Re: Another pcmcia-cs (with DMI support etc.)

Per Olofsson wrote:
> I have now made another version of pcmcia-cs. Apart from having
> integrated the suggestions from Osamu, I have also switched
> debian/rules to using debhelper and added automatic detection of
> special resource settings using dmidecode. There is no support for
> this detection in d-i yet though since there's no dmidecode-udeb (but
> I have sent a patch, #259265).
>
> However, pcmcia-cs is currently only recommending dmidecode, not
> depending on it. The reason is that I don't want to break the netinst
> CD. How do I get a package on the netinst CD? File a bug against
> debian-cd? I'd also like to make debootstrap install dmidecode as soon
> as I have a patch ready for tasksel.

Changing debootstrap is basically changing the packages in base and can
lead to a fair amount of pain and we're trying not to do it at this
point. So it may be better to use apt-install or something. It would
really be best at this point if things don't break if dmidecode is not
installed. Once the support is in the archive, we can add it to the
netinst CD.

--
see shy jo