Re: powerpc status and missing 2.6.7 .udebs and .debs in sarge.

Hmmmm...

I have had a different experience.

Last night I downloaded and installed on my test-machine [beige G3
mini-tower (OldWorld)] using the 2.6.7 kernel from:

http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/sid_d-i/powerpc/20040715/sarge-powerpc-businesscard.iso

Everything went precisely according to plan.  I was amazed!

I used my usual "BootX from MacOS-9" technique, so I bypassed the
"install bootloader" step.  This may have also bypassed the problems
that Sven is noticing...?

I chose "testing" when it asked what version I wanted to install.

It came remarkably close to passing the "chicken test" (train a chicken
to peck on the "return" key whenever it pauses).  The only exceptions
being (1) to manually partition the disk, (2) to manually skip over the
"install bootloader" step, and (3) and to manually copy the kernel and
ramdisk images into the MacOS-9 partition's system folder prior to the
initial reboot.

Rick