Re: ssh

Clive Menzies wrote:

On (16/07/04 15:11), Kenshi Muto wrote:
To: John Summerfield <debian@ComputerDatasafe.com.au>
Cc: debian-boot@lists.debian.org
From: Kenshi Muto <kmuto@debian.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 15:11:35 +0900
Subject: Re: ssh

At 16 Jul 04 05:00:22 GMT,
John Summerfield wrote:
Is there any good reason ssh is _not_ installed?
ssh is "standard" priority. If you don't skip tasksel, ssh will be
installed as default.
Interesting that telnet is included in the bare install (before running
tasksel, deselect or aptitude) - given the security risk of using
telnet, it would make sense to remove it and perhaps include ssh
instead?
The telnet client is no security risk, and is very useful for diagnosing mail problem, configuring billion routers (well, some of them) etc.

I didn't run tasksel as last time I did, it pulled in great gobs of stuff I didn't want.

However, I would like ssh (server and client) in the minimum install so as to provide a means of setting up headless boxes.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait