BiDi languages currently Left to Right in Debian Installer 2nd stage
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cc: Michelle Konzack <email@example.com>, Arash Bijanzadeh <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Ossama Khayat <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: BiDi languages currently Left to Right in Debian Installer 2nd stage
- From: Christian Perrier <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 07:36:07 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20040714053607.GD22881@mykerinos.kheops.frmug.org>
Testing the latest 20040712 sid_d-i images with the ar_DZ locale, I
have confirmed that Arabic, Hebrew and Farsi are currently wrongly
displayed in 2nd stage : the display is left to right, while first
stage was correct.
There is also a doubt about proper shaping in 1st stage....as well as
Arabic "harakat" support.
We really need some people testing the Debian Installer images for RTL
languages. See http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer for images
Steve Langasek is currently not fully available for helping debugging
this out. I'll be away for 5 days also. The first target is trying to
understand why 2nd stage is not RTL while the bidified slang libs have
now reached testing.