Re: Scripting/automated install support

On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 08:37:12PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Frans Pop]
> > Currently automated install is not really supported. It's a subject
> > that has come up several times over the last weeks/months.
>
> I think it is more an issue with it not being documented.  I am pretty
> sure Steinar Gunderson (Sesse on IRC) do this with d-i using a
> handmade boot floppy containing autopartkit and the wanted
> configuration preset in cdebconf.
>
> > Please check the list archives for more info.
>
> I think he wrote some thing about his configuration a year or so ago.

It is at http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.powerpc/ch04s06.html#id2512026
the chapter "Automatic Installation" of the D-I manual.

The source file is automatic-install.xml in the directory
 debian-installer/installer/doc/manual/en/install-methods

It contains information I got from Sesse that is only visible
in the XML source.

Cheers
Geert Stappers