Re: Booting installer on RS/6000 43p-140

Hello,
On Sun, Jul 11, 2004 at 05:03:37PM +0200, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> Great. I will try this, probably Tuesday. Is there some HOWTO/docu for
> netbooting d-i? (Sorry if something obvious exists, I am on dial-in
> right now).

I now read
http://sdb.suse.de/sdb/en/html/olh_ppc_netboot.html

http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/doc/netboot.html

http://www.soziologie.ch/users/steinlin/d-i/

So I would set up a bootp-server, and a tftp-server and would drop all
kernel releated files into the latter, skipping yaboot.conf. Is this
correct?

Next I would run from OF
boot network root=/... console=...

What would I place into root? Also am I strictly limited to serial
console? (i.e., is it possible to have some kind of framebuffer after
booting for local keyboard based access?)

Thanks!

       Helge

--
Helge Kreutzmann, Dipl.-Phys.               Helge.Kreutzmann@itp.uni-hannover.de