Re: Booting installer on RS/6000 43p-140

Sven Luther wrote:

On Sat, Jul 10, 2004 at 07:00:21PM +0200, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:

Hello,
for helping d-i I got an 43p-140 (IBM RS/6000).  Since there are no
specific install instructions on
http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.powerpc/index.html

Is it possible, to boot d-i on this prep-machine? And if so, which
would be the proper command?

Ah, this is a PReP machine, very fine then. It won't naturally not boot
yaboot, but you should try netbooting :

  http://people.debian.org/~luther/debian-installer/daily-powerpc-built/daily/powerpc/netboot/vmlinuz-prep.initrd

Or even the 2.6 kernel when it will become available (tomorrow i think,
but i can build you a special one) :

  http://people.debian.org/~luther/debian-installer/daily-powerpc-built/daily/powerpc/netboot/vmlinuz-prep.initrd

Still not working on my old Prep.
I get stuck to "Now booting kernel..." with both cd and netboot vmlinuz-prep.initrd.

Is there a reason for it to display this on the serial console and not the following ?

For memory, my machine is a Bull Estrella 300 (Prep Utah PowerStack II Pro4000 to /proc/cpuinfo and has OpenFirmware).

Regards,

Jerome Walter