Re: Can't get to fdisk using Sarge installer for Alpha

On Sat, Jul 10, 2004 at 12:12:00AM +0100, Eric Marcus wrote:
> I'm a linux newbie.

> I have an alphastation 200 (233mhz) booting from the SRM console.  When
> installing from the woody boot floppies I get the chance to run fdisk to
> create the BSD disk slice required for this system, the normal partitioner
> doesn't work.

> There are no sarge boot floppies I've seen.  When booting from the
> netinstall cd I don't get the chance to run fdisk, only the normal
> partitioner.

> This is less than useful, yes?  It would be really good if I had the chance
> to run fdisk from the text menu, as in woody, so I can create meaningful
> diskslices.

What do you mean by "meaningful" diskslices?  I was fairly sure that fdisk
is still available in the installer for use (manually from the shell, if
nothing else), but the new partitioner should also give you reasonably
full control over the partition table, so it would be good to know what
limitations you've found with it.

Cheers,
--
Steve Langasek