Status of various disc partitioners ?

What is the status and usability of the various disc partitioners in d-
i?  I realize that 'partman' is the one that gets used by a non-expert
install, and that in an expert install, 'autopartkit' is an option.

I think I see that 'partman' supports some kind of recipe.  Is that
right?

What I'm looking for is a way to automatically partition a disc or set
of discs according to some recipe.  I want to support RAID5 and LVM, on
multiple spindles.  Can it already do this?  What code should I begin
reading to understand it?

--
Karl Hegbloom <hegbloom@pdx.edu>