Re: 2.6 installations: display problems

Hi,

At 7 Jul 04 14:21:55 GMT,
Frans Pop wrote:
> I've just downloaded the netboot installation files (20040706) from:
> - - 2.4: http://people.debian.org/~joeyh/d-i/images/daily/netboot
> - - 2.6: http://people.debian.org/~joeyh/d-i/images/daily/netboot/2.6/
>
> If I PXE-boot with the 2.6 kernel, the translations in languagechooser for RTL
> languages or languages containing accents are not displayed correctly (square
> blocks for non-ascii characters).
> The same happens with the 20040705 sid_d-i netinst ISO.
> The 2.4 d-i is OK.

If this image uses Linux 2.6.7, it's maybe #257970.
JoeyH and I fixed this problem on 1st stage by modifying
rootskel. I believe daily netboot/2.6 will be fixed on next time.

2nd stage isn't fixed yet. But I've already committed a fix code to
base-config/termwrap svn.

> Also with 2.6, if I choose English and next Abort installation and reboot,
> there are console messages shown (like 'The system is going down NOW')
> through the d-i screen. This does not happen with the 2.4 kernel.

This is maybe difference raw console and i18n bterm console.

Thanks,
--
Kenshi Muto
kmuto@debian.org