dhcp problem

I'm using syslinux or more precisely pxelinux to boot a system from a floppy. That works perfectly and the system finds a dhcp/bootp server just fine. However when I get to the secondary booting in dbootstrap it cannot get a dhcp address. Does anyone know why?

Also when I get to a network install I'm able to load all the basic stuff but at "configure device driver modules" I find that all the modules are loaded into /lib/modules/2.2.20 but my kernel is looking for /lib/modules/2.2.20-idepci. Without going into a shell and making a link between the two (which works just fine btw) how can I make this seamless?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
--
Steve Glines
voice: 978-952-6340         www.is-cs.com

I'm a complex person. I have a real and an imaginary part.