Re: Summary do D-I IRC meeting 20040619

On Sun, Jun 20, 2004 at 02:45:27PM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Pushing the unstable 2.6.6 kernel into testing is probably needed.

It was deliberately removed from testing:

  http://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2004/06/msg00031.html

That bug has not yet been resolved, but apparently will be in 2.6.7.

> 3) Build problems
> -----------------
>
> The netboot images do not build correctly on gluck currently, which
> prevents real new builds for netinst/businesscard images.
>
> We need to find someone who can ask for libdebian-installer4 upgrade
> on gluck.
>
> Martin Krafft will mail Colin Watson about this. Not sure if Colin can
> do something.

As I said on IRC, the bit about images being built on gluck was a
mysterious invention (and I don't have root on gluck anyway). They're
built on one of Joey's machines. Christian is looking at setting up
another i386 daily build for now.

> Bastian Blank continue working on ssh (bubulle: I don't remember what
> it's needed for..:-))).

s390, and I believe it could be useful to get away from serial consoles
as early as possible in the install as well.