source of packages for base system

When the partitions have been set up, the installer proceeds to
install the base system. The default is to pull the required
packages from the installation medium. With physical installation
media, using the choose-mirror component and selecting a mirror
causes the installer to automatically use the chosen mirror to
obtain the base system. Conversely, if during a network installation
(netboot, I mean), the cdrom-detect package was used to detect local
CD-ROM drives, and an installation medium was found, it will be
used.

Is it correct that the installer always fetches the base system from
the most recently configured installation medium?

`. `'`