Re: r16834 - trunk/packages/libdebian-installer/src/system

Bastian Blank wrote:
> Modified:
>    trunk/packages/libdebian-installer/src/system/devfs.c
> Log:
> Joey Hess likes to cry about wasted space but do it also.

A better way to save space with libdi is to move functions like this one
that are only used by one program in all of d-i out of the library and
into the program. In the case of the devfs stuff, that's mapdevfs in the
di-utils-mapdevfs udeb. Then we wouldn't have a devfs mapper that is not
used until after partman runs (and after swap is enabled) bloating our
initrds and floppys.

This is why I'd like to ultimatly get rid of most of libd-i. We get
version skew, and wasted space too with the current system.

> Only use one enumeration.

Well, it's a recipe for a combinatiorial explosion, but I suppose you
won't run out of enums space.

--
see shy jo