Re: PowerPC sarge installation error

(moving discussion to debian-boot since this is not ppc specific)

On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 08:17:46PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 09:10:23AM -0600, Nick Golder wrote:
> > I am using Test Candidate 1 for PowerPC and am installing on a Power Mac
> > G4 350MHz.  It errors out with the following:
> > Errors were encountered while processing:
> >  man-db
> > umount: /target/dec/pts: No such file or directory
> > umount: /target/dev/shm: No such file or directory
> > umount: /target/proc/bus/usb: Invalid argument
>
> The last three are not errors, but the first is.

The last three *are* errors, at least according to the
debian-installer.  I just ran into this on x86, so it's not ppc
specific.

When the installer configures base-system (i think), these 'no such
file or directory' and 'invalid argument' errors propigate up to the
installer which kindly reports "an error has occured".  You can't go
on to configuring the boot loader (at least in the default mode).

==rob

--
Rob Latham                                        Chicago, IL USA