pppoe install

Yesterday (June 7) I downloaded the sarge-i386-netinst.iso and installed the
base system on my new VIA CL9000 board for soon to become my DSL Router.
Now, after the first reboot, I set up root and normal user and then the ppp
configuration script starts. Well, I need pppoe with my Teledat 300 LAN. So
I changed the console and stated pppoeconf. Works fine, and I even get a
connection to my provider (plog confirms this and the received dynamic DNS
IPs). But nothing else to the outside works. I cannot even ping to any
outside IP. So either I'm completely stupid, or something pretty weird is
going on.

Thank you

Jan