Wish-list: improve instalation manual for non technical people

Dear Debian boot people

I would like to try out Debian, but I don't have enough knoledge to
even read that i386 installation manual and I doubt that many people
have.

The installation manual could include tips for non experts. It starts
in actually knowing that one is using i386. Not everybody knows
that. After introduction, it comes chapter 2, on system
requirements. It should be really nice if it was included tips on how
somebody (that didn't just bought it computer, but has a not so new
and NO hardware manuals) can find out that information that you
*required*! As an example, we read

"2.1.2.2 I/O Bus

The system bus is the part of the motherboard which allows the CPU to
communicate with peripherals such as storage devices. Your computer
must use the ISA, EISA, PCI, the Microchannel Architecture (MCA, used
in IBM's PS/2 line), or VESA Local Bus (VLB, sometimes called the VL
bus)."

You say what is the system bus. Nice. Then you say that my computer
must use blablabla. Man, I probably have that but I have no clue how
to find that out! :-(

Beginners get crazy reading this manual. Probably the majority of the
new users come from M$ window$ world. They should have been covered in
such manual.

Tha manual is written in such way that it seems to say: "beginners
should avoid Debian" or "are not good enough to install Debian."

Thanks for the attention

Miguel Frasson.

--
Miguel Vinicius Santini Frasson