Re: [partman-auto] Usability review of a message

Hi,

> > > I fully agree; it even scares me. ;-)
> > Isn't it _meant_ to scare you? It does destroy data after all, making
> > the user think twice is a feature.
> But there are enough warnings in later stages.  This is the introductory
> step which IMHO, should only welcome the user.  The alternative action
> ("manually edit") which is actually much more adventurous, appears to be
> more innocent than this message.

I can confirm the last sentence from watching a newbie install three weeks
ago. (And I agree with Martin and Joey here, too ;)

Maybe rephrase the options just a little bit would help:

Ready to erase the whole disk for the new debian install ?
Manually edit (experience recommened)

Maybe "Ready to use the whole disk for debian install"" is even better, as
this is followed by another question "Are you sure you want to install debian
on the whole disk ? This will destroy all data (if there is any), which is
probably what you want."

regards,
	Holger