Re: ViewCVS (http://svn.debian.org/viewcvs/d-i/) broken

I've never used ViewCVS with subversion, but I did run into similar sounding error messages when using subversion on a recent project. The issues were related to lock files which subversion creates. Sometimes they got stuck and I would have to run svn admin recover. This removed the locks, but I then had to change the permissions on that folder so that svn could continue to run. Weird, but not overly complex. In your subversion folder you should have a locks folder. Try changing the permissions on that so that what ever user ViewCVS is running as has access. Just a guess.

JC

W. Borgert wrote:

An Exception Has Occurred
Python Traceback

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/org/svn.debian.org/viewcvs/lib/viewcvs.py", line 2585, in main
    request.run_viewcvs()
  File "/org/svn.debian.org/viewcvs/lib/viewcvs.py", line 263, in run_viewcvs
    self.rootpath, rev)
  File "/org/svn.debian.org/viewcvs/lib/vclib/svn/__init__.py", line 279, in
__init__
    self.repos = repos.svn_repos_open(rootpath, self.pool)
SubversionException: ('Berkeley DB error while opening environment for
filesystem /org/svn.debian.org/svn/d-i/db:\nPermission denied', 160029)

What's wrong?