Re: m68k cdrom build failure

Stephen R Marenka wrote:
> Can anyone help me out here?
>
> The cdrom images on m68k are failing to build with the following.
>
> | LOCPATH=./tmp/cdrom/tree/usr/lib/locale LC_ALL=C.UTF-8 reduce-font /usr/src/unifont.bdf < ./tmp/cdrom/all.utf > ./tmp/cdrom/unifont.bdf
> | setlocale: C.UTF-8
> | FYI: MB_CUR_MAX/MB_LEN_MAX: 6/16
> | error -1 at position 523495 (bytes: 16 Used chars: 1928 (523495 processed)
>
> The full log is at
> <http://people.debian.org/~smarenka/d-i/images-m68k/daily/build_cdrom.log>.

This means that one template file is not encoded in utf-8. We often get
this after lots of translation changes or new udebs. It could be a
missing debian/po/output file somewhere.

I track these down by a binary search. Delete half of the
./tmp/cdrom/all.utf, reproduce by running the reduce-font command (or if
not, delete the other half instead), repeat. Should be able to track it
down to the problem udeb that way.

I don't see it on i386, so it may be in a udeb that is only in the
initrd on m68k.

Hmm, vmelilo-installer is missing a output file, but I don't know if
it's the culprit.

--
see shy jo