Re: languagechooser_1.22_i386.changes ACCEPTED

Quoting Debian Installer (installer@ftp-master.debian.org):

> Accepted:
> languagechooser_1.22.dsc
>   to pool/main/l/languagechooser/languagechooser_1.22.dsc
> languagechooser_1.22.tar.gz
>   to pool/main/l/languagechooser/languagechooser_1.22.tar.gz
> languagechooser_1.22_all.udeb
>   to pool/main/l/languagechooser/languagechooser_1.22_all.udeb
> Announcing to debian-devel-changes@lists.debian.org

This is the candidate for rc1. As I already wrote, I reverted the new
layout and delayed it to post-rc1...or to post-sarge if Debconf
discussions decide this.

I will wrote on my proposed new layout on my own side and will propose
mini ISO images from time to time.....

PLEASE TEST THIS LANGUAGECHOOSER AS MUCH AS YOU CAN. This is fairly
easy with the first daily build image it will be included in...or with
the mini.iso image I built (see below). You'd better test daily builds
however.

Testing this languagechooser involves using daily build ISO images, go
through the language, country and keyboard selection screen, switch to
2nd console and check the following debconf values:

debian-installer/language (should be either a single value like "en",
"fr"....or a list of values such as "fr_FR:fr:en_GB:en" some of these
being possibly "invalid", but at least one should be valid)

debian-installer/country-->chosen country code

debian-installer/locale-->should be a *valid* locale. VERY important

debian-installer/consoledisplay-->should be something like
"kbd=lat0-sun16(iso15), or nothing. This is the 6th field of
languagechooser/languagelist.

languagechooser/language-name-->should be the English name of your
                                languagechooser choice

You may try each and every possible combination, including the
strangest ones. Guessing the country names shoul dbe easy (well, a bit
tricky for Chinese, Japanese, Korean on my side...)

A i386 mini.iso image built on my system is available at:

http://people.debian.org/~bubulle/d-i/mini.iso

You can boot it on *any* computer as the test does not require writing
on the hard disk.

Users of non-Latin languages should do their best for testing daily
build up to 2nd stage, possibly (but this involves a spare HD or partition).