installation report

Package: installation-reports

Debian-installer-version: beta4 downloaded aprox May 12th
uname -a: Linux (none) 2.4.25-1-386 #2 Wed Apr 14 19:38:08 EST 2004 i586
unknown
Date: 15.05.04
Method: CDROM

Machine: Acer Extensa 500T
Processor: PII
Memory: 128 MB
Root Device: IDE hda1
Root Size/partition table: <Feel free to paste the full partition
      table, with notes on which partitions are mounted where.>
Output of lspci:

Base System Installation Checklist:

Initial boot worked:    [O ]
Configure network HW:   [E ]
Config network:         [E ]
Detect CD:              [O ]
Load installer modules: [O ]
Detect hard drives:     [O ]
Partition hard drives:  [O ]
Create file systems:    [O ]
Mount partitions:       [O ]
Install base system:    [O ]
Install boot loader:    [O ]
Reboot:                 [O ]
[O] = OK, [E] = Error (please elaborate below), [ ] = didn't try it

Problems:  PCMCIA NIC not found on cdrom boot, but subsequently on hd boot.

base-config did not recognize that my NIC was present and suggested a ppp
connection.

I didn't know how to install the network from the base system (no etherconf)
so I manually installed etherconf and proceeded with the install.

Comments:  No feedback during Network Hardware install (i.e. upon manual
trials to load modules). How do I get back into configure network once the
base system has been installed?

Chris
--
Dr.-Ing. C. Hurschler