Re: sarge install problems on powerpc

Colin Watson wrote:
On Mon, May 17, 2004 at 01:22:11AM +1200, Allen Unueco wrote:

With 09/05 I can get all the way to installing the base system when I get an error about there not being able to fine the kernel-install package.

Can you quote the exact error, please?

In a box labeled "[!!] Install Base System" I get the following error

No Installable Kernel Found
No Installable kernel found in the defined APT sources
The default kernel package is 'kernel-image'

With both versions I can't switch to any other virtual consoles. I have a newer 15" PowerBook G4 and I have been using the 'fn' key but fn-alt-F* doesn't do anything. Because of this I haven't really be able to fine out what is going on.

Use the Command/Apple key instead.

I've tried a lot of key combos and I can't get any of them to switch between consoles.

I don't know if this relates but one of the reasons I don't have debian running on this PowerBook right now was I had installed a Sarge netinst CD about 3 months ago and after reboot my keyboard was unusable. It seemed like the keyboard was mapped improperly. At the login prompt most keys didn't create letters and the ones that did were very random and often repeated the same letter so I didn't think the problem was only a wrong keymap but a broken keymap.

Thanks,
-allen