Re: sparc beta 4 errata updates needed

In article <[🔎] 20040508203646.GA4534@kitenet.net> joeyh@debian.org writes:
>Blars Blarson wrote:
>> Would someone please update the beta 4 errata page:
>>=20
>> * sparc initrd too large
>>   beta 4 initrd is larger than the compiled in ramdisk size, to work arou=
>nd
>>   this problem use "linux ramdisk_size=3D8192" at the silo prompt.
>
>Does that work around all of the CD problems, or only some of them?

It's enogh for a serial-console install on a sparcstation LX (sparc32).
The framebuffer workaound will still be needed where appropriate.

>> * beta 4 beleived unusable on all sparc64 systems
>>   While some of the many problems with this release have workarounds, and
>>   some only affect some systems. it is beleived that beta 4 cannot be used
>>   to install on any sparc64 (aka sun4u) system.
>
>I thought that it was expected to work on any that didn't need to load
>kernel modules, where the drivers were built into the kernel.

I was not able to do an install on an ultra2 from the businesscard cd.
The same system was able to install from beta 3.  Either the hme
driver is no longer in the kernel or it wants something else off of
the cd before it will load stuff from the network.

--
Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html