Re: Resignation

On Wed, 2004-05-05 at 08:07 +1000, Herbert Xu wrote:

> Denis Barbier <barbier@linuxfr.org> wrote:
> >
> > KDE control center in Debian displays Taiwanese flag, so you should
> > certainly resign from Debian and join Fedora.  Well I did not check
> > if Fedora still censors it, but as Red Hat did, there is little
> > chance that this has changed.
>
> So be it.
>
> Free software extremists I can live with.  But this is too much.
> I will resign from this project in two weeks time.

*cough*

Why are you resigning in "two weeks time" ?  Traditionally when one
tantrums, one throws one's toys out of the pram as hard and fast as one
possibly can.  An immediate resignation and orphaning of all packages
tends to take place.  Adrian and Bruce have demonstrated how to do this
superbly many times.

Perhaps you're bluffing and hoping that the shock announcement of your
resignation will cause those who have offended you to stop doing so and
follow your wishes in the matter?

Or maybe you're hoping that by giving everyone some time, they'll be
sufficient "DON'T DO IT!" mails that you can publicly state that you
persuaded to run^Wcome back by overwhelming public support?

Amused of Birmingham
--
Have you ever, ever felt like this?