Re: disable bterm for most sparc systems

Reinhard Tartler schrieb am Mittwoch, 05. Mai 2004 um 05:45:37 +0000:
> Joey Hess wrote:
> >> This means bterm should not be used on any sparc32 system, and can
> >> only be used on some sparc64 systems.
> >>=20
> >> If use of bterm can't be conditionalized, I think it should be
> >> completly disabled on sparc.
> >
> > Does booting with debian-installer/framebuffer=3Dfalse work?
>
> Yes, on my Ultra1 (sparc64, sbus) this is the only way to get into
> debian-installer.

The same on my machine (Ultra60 UPA, Elite3D).
The problem is this:
bterm segfaults with these sunframebuffers, but it is always restarted.
I found no possibility to check which fb is used.
Possible workaround:
test weather bterm works by 'bterm -f $font /bin/true'
in  S35framebuffer-linux, if not set TERM_FRAMEBUFFER = false
and if possible the debconf value debian-installer/framebuffer

This is not a clean solution, but maybe working.
There are sun pci graphic adaptors which should have a working
framebuffer.

--
Jörg Friedrich