Re: installing debian on S-ATA drives

Brent Bailey wrote:

George,

This is where I'm at right now. I can't get d-i to see my CD-ROMS when I install linux26, and it won't see my S-ATA if I install into 2.4.25. Did you find a solution for it? Also, I had to install a PS2 keyboard and mouse. My nice new USB ones would not work after booting into linux26.

Thanks,

Brent

Nope, can't do anything actually with kernel 2.6  I think it's missing
all of the modules except the ones for disks (I don't have usb keyb or mouse but if you look in /lib/modules.... you will find very few modules actually ) is this
a monolithic kernel ?

George