Got network console install working

I've made a root-disk image that runs debian-installer under debian-twin
(http://linuz.sns.it/~max/twin/); so non-console network installations are
now possible (i'm doing a sample one on VMWare now)

BUT I still need some help.
What do I need to do to make sure some extra packages (twin) are installed
into TARGET during the installation?
(And modified target inittab to launch final config program under twin)

Currently I can connect to the machine using tshd and pick up the console
installer; or configure it using boot strings to connect-back to an X server
and let me manage the installation from there, however, when the final
installation is complete and the machine reboots, SSHD or other servers
won't be installed and I then wont be able to connect to the box to finish
things off and say, install SSHD or something.

I could also do with some help checking how I made the root image; I
generally did various:
dpkg -i blah.deb .
in the root disk image; for things like twin, gpm, libncurses5, libc-udeb
until things worked, and then start some looping shell scripts in /etc/rcS
that keep trying to connect out to the Xserver ready for when networking
comes up.

Sam