installing debian on S-ATA drives

Hi,

I have PC with only SATA drives and I would like to
install my favourite distro (debian of course;-) but
the installer (the latest I tried was the floppies
package from the 21st April) does not recognise the
drives.

It automatically loads kernel 2.4.25-1 with does not
contain support for them.

Is there a debian net-installer with support for SATA
drives?

I understood kernel 2.6 contains support for them but
how can I make the installer load 2.6 kernel instead
of 2.4 ?

I hope this is the right forum to ask, otherwise, my
apologies and could anybody point me to the right
forum?

Thank you
Patxi