Re: new discover-data seems to have problems with many network cards

On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 01:25:07AM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> I want to bring bug #243448, which I've just reassigned to
> discover1-data, to your attention. I'm afraid it may represent a whole
> class of bugs. It seems that newer versions of discover fail to load
> modules for many ethernet cards. The reporter of this bug did an
> excellent isolation of the problem, though the discover-data version he
> upgraded to was a little old -- it would be nice if he could try again
> with unstable's discover1-data:

Ok, I'll take a look at this as soon as possible. School has gotten
insanely busy all of a sudden (I have almost a week's worth of Debian
mail backlog already) but I'll try and attack this ASAP. If someone gets
a good fix, please feel free to NMU it, maybe even with a higher
severity level to make beta4. I'll try and get to it this weekend.

 - David Nusinow