Strange CD-ROM installation problem

Hello

I just d/l the sarge-i386-netinst.iso from
http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/daily/i386/current/
(20.4.2004) burned it onto a CD and booted my laptop.

The installation system is a Thinkpad A30 with a 40GB Maxtor HDD and a
default CD ROM drive and internal network card. The CD did boot fine
without any hassle. The startup screen appeared and after pressing ENTER
the installation process started. It went fine and seemed to detect the
hardware nicely (even the internal networking card which was PITA before).

But then the installer came up with the message, that it could not load
the driver for the CD ROM (which is a bit pervert in my eyes for the
system telling me it could not load the correct driver just booted with
the CD ROM drive..) It then tried to mod load some drivers which all did
not work. After that I could have supplied a driver on a floppy or change
to a non PCI or non SCSI driver.

So these are my questions. Did I miss something? Why could it boot but did
not detect the CD ROM? Or is it a bug which should be adressed? Is there
anything I should try?

Thanks and Regards,
Adrian