Re: Beta 3 cannot mount my CD

>>  Is there an older version of the debian installer that uses the 2.4.24

>> kernel?
>
>Yes, beta 2 used the 2.4.24 kernel. You can get it from
>http://gluck.debian.org/cdimage/testing/sarge_d-i/i386/beta2/

Bad news, the beta 2 CD didn't work for me either.  I have some more
information about my CD drive and, it's a LITEON LTN486S Rev: YUS3.  It
looks like I'm not alone in my problems with that model either.  A quick
search on Google revieled two other people having the same problem.

http://www.linuxml.net/pipermail/fedora/2004-February/001252.html
http://bugs.mandrakelinux.com/query.php?bug=436

The first link verifies that whatever kernel that is used for Fedora does
not work on my machine, and the second link makes it look like Mandrake
10.0 would not work either.  Both complaints were in the last two months,
so it might make sense that the older debian installer worked.  Where do
we go from here?  Should I open a bug with the debian installer to track
the issue?