Re: Question about custom boot partitions

On 15.IV.2004 at 23:21 (+0100) Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * tbm <tbm@cyrius.com> [2004-04-12 17:02]:
> > There are at least 2 sub-architectures which need a special ext2
> > partition to boot.  That is, not just an ext2 file system, but an ext2
> > file system of revision 0 with no extensions (mkfs.ext2 -r 0 -O none).
> > Now I wonder how to implement this in partman.  As I see it, there are

I think the best for the users is the following:

1. partman warns the user if /boot is not on ext2 file system
2. partman automatically uses mkfs.ext2 -r 0 -O none for the bootable
   partition and the default for the other partitions.

Regarding the implementation, if you want to do something for beta4 (I
won't be able) do it the easiest for you way.  If you don't plan this
for beta4, then I will implement it.

Anton Zinoviev