Problem installing grub

Hope this is the correct place for this.  I am trying to install with
the new 'sarge' installer.  I have installed debian lots of time in the
past and use it on day-to-day basis (ditched windows about a year ago).

I have tried both  expert and normal mode.  when it tried to install
grub I selected the default (hd0) and it fails.  I noticed in the consol
it was talking about floppy, is it possible that hd0 is the floppy?

Sorry I cant give anymore info, I cant send email from home as I only
have the one PC and this is where I am trying the install.  If anyone
has no ideas I will simply go back to using the previous installer.

I have also tried Lilo but this also fails.

Ben

--
Ben Edwards - 2287

"This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential. It is for the intended recipient only. If you have received the email in error please notify the author by replying to this email. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not disclose, distribute, copy, print, or rely on this email. Any views expressed by an individual within this email which do not constitute or record professional advice relating to the RNLI, do not necessarily reflect the views of the organisation.

Registered Charity Number 209603
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
X-GWTYPE:USER