demo 2.6 d-i image (and problems with partman, framebuffer, syslogd, usb-discover, etc)

Using the linux-kernel-di-i386-2.6, the busybox patch in bug #243453,
and recent changes to the installer/build tree, I have put together a
little iso with all the d-i udebs on it, using the 2.6 kernel. This uses
the monolithic image type, so it will want to download debs only over
the network:

	http://kitenet.net/~joey/tmp/mini-2.6.iso

This image basically works, but with the following problems:

 - frame buffer doesn't work (in vmware), cdebconf never displays. Boot with
   debian-installer/framebuffer=false to work around.
 - usb-discover does not load the right modules, so it won't support usb
   keyboards
 - syslogd does not work, /var/log/syslog is not created, and /dev/log
   is missing. unix.ko module problem?
 - somehow it takes more than 10 seconds for dhcp to get a lease. Seems
   to be 11 seconds. Annoying, but not fatal.
 - discover v1 will be installed onto the target system
 - unknown if the right kernel will be installed into target, didn't get
   that far
 - partman does not see my ide disk, even though I can mount it manually

--
see shy jo