Re: why must Debian call Taiwan a "Province of China"?

Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au> writes:
> (*)  Recently the term "USian" has been dramatically gaining in popularity
> around the world.

Can you actually demonstrate this?

AFAICS, `USian' is a mildly pejorative[*] term used mainly by
usenet/slashdot types, and is essentially never used in the `real world'.

[*] Given the butt-head way the U.S. has been acting the last few years, I
    can understand the desire to rebuke, but `USian' is quite awkward and
    tends to be misleading, as it's often accompanied by silly screeds
    about how the term American is "wrong", etc. -- if you want to rebuke,
    a term like "Amerikan" [often used the same sorts of people that like
    "USian"], while equally ugly, at least sticks to being purely
    pejorative.

-Miles
--
"Most attacks seem to take place at night, during a rainstorm, uphill,
 where four map sheets join."   -- Anon. British Officer in WW I