FWD: Re: does anyone care about sparc CDs for sarge?

----- Forwarded message from Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> -----

From: Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 12:39:56 -0400
To: Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org>
Cc: debian-sparc@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: does anyone care about sparc CDs for sarge?

On Sun, Apr 11, 2004 at 12:28:42PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> Sparc CDs for sarge currently do not boot. Bug #243122. I've seen a lot
> of workarounds, and zero effort to fix the problem. If this problem
> remains in 2 weeks, then we will not ship sparc CDs as part of beta 4 of
> the Debian installer. Which puts us quite close to not including sparc
> CDs as part of the sarge release. If someone cares about this, you need
> to get busy and fix it.

I already had this working at one time, so some one else broke it. Jeff
Bailey and I worked on it for quite awhile.

So what happened? People break things without knowing, or just don't
care to test changes?

How about just adding "rw" to the appended options?

Also, isofs.b doesn't need to be on the CD (as I've said before).

And finally, I am getting sick of your attitude towards ports and
developers. It's the main reason I wont work on the debian-installer.

I'm pulling the cd image now, and I will try the fix. If that works,
I'll tell you and you can make the change in your debian-installer repo.

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://www.linux1394.org/