Re: Debian Installer team seeking for translators : Serbian (sr), Croatian (hr), Hindi (hi), others

Quoting Rahul Jadhav (jadhav_tj@yahoo.ca):
> Hi Christian!
> I am pretty bummed that there's no work initiated on
> the Hindi front. I'd like to give it some of my time.
> I guess once the project gets started people might
> show some interest.
> Can you please activate Hindi at
> debian-boot@lists.debian.org.

I have already been contacted privately by Rajesh Menon (mail address
in CC list) also.

I suggest you coordinate with him after reading the various
documentations.

Please note that I won't be active after Saturday 10:00 (UTC) until
Monday afternoon due to Easter week-end in France. Don't be suprised
if you don't get much answer from me. However, some other people in
debian-boot wan answer your questions if you have some.

Let me quote my answer to Rajesh:

Basically, look at the link I've put in the call for translators.

This should already give you a hint about the way we work.

There is no strong coordination except the one I do and the
debian-boot mailing list.

Subscribing to it is probably good idea as well as
debian-i18n. debian-boot has an important traffic and l10n-related
messages are tagged [l10n]. Debian-i18n traffic is quite low.

A dedicated mailing list for debian installer localisation will
probably soon appear as the language list keeps growing.

You, for sure, can start working on translation. I suggest you first
start with countrychooser translation as having a first hi.po file in
the repository will trigger all status pages (mentioned in the doc
file).

You may send me the first po files as long you you get them translated
and proofread (if you have some other contributors for helping in
proofreading).

I will then commit them. You may also send them to debian-boot so that
someone commits them (I'll be away for a week soon...not next week but
the week after).

If everything goes OK, you may also apply for an acocunt on
alioth.debian.org and then get commit rights for the repositories
(need some very basic subversion knowledge...pretty close to CVS
knowledge, by the way)