Re: Debian-installer, older hardware, boot loaders, miboot & amiboot & ..

On Mar 30, 2004, at 01:20, Sven Luther wrote:

I have a fear suspision that this may be more related to newworld, than
the oldworld stuff needed for miboot, which may probably be varying
between the different models we may need to support.

<gasp> That's the boot block people are arguing about? That is definitely valid for oldworld; it was written before 1994. (The web site says '96, but I have a copy on my Inside Mac CD from 1994.)

With "Generally, however, the boot code stored on disk is ignored in favor of boot code stored in a resource in the System file." do you even need those bytes after it?