Re: Technically: What is the point to identity to country/province, anyway?

On Wed, 2004-04-07 at 09:26 +0700, Rahmat M. Samik-Ibrahim wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I still have no clue on why "country/province" information is
> technically needed. Sure, "language" is needed, and so does "time zone",
> "keyboard", etc. But for what is "country"?

It is probably for distinguishing the different dialects of languages.
For example, there is American English, Australian English, British
English, Canadian English, Chinese English, Danish English, Indian
English, Irish English, Motswana English, New Zealand English,
Philippine English, Singapore English, South African English, and
Zimbabwean English. That, at least, is according to GNU libc. :)