Sarge installer beta3 issues

Hi all,

I have a slightly dodgey CD-ROM drive in an older machine - it works fine, so long as DMA isn't enabled. I have managed to get it to boot once so far - only in expert mode, and when asked about enabling loading modules, I removed alot of uneeded ones, and entered "nodma" in the "piix" module params (it's a PIIX based mobo).

A clear option to disable dma would be nice - using the normal methods of kernel parameters didn't work. That is, at the boot prompt "linux hdc=nodma" and "linux nodma" didn't work.

Advice would be appreciated. I don't need to install on this machine - I was just playing with the new installer. It's rather pretty - nice work all!

Cheers

Tim
--
http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~tmccoy