IDE drive not detected in the latest d-i snapshot

Hi all,

I'm installing sid on a P-4 machine. I just downloaded the boot and root
floppy images from [1].

I started the install process in "expert" mode. Problem is, my IDE disk (a
40GB HDD) isn't detected by the installer. /proc/pci contains something

IDE interface: intel corp. 82801DB ultra ata storage controller (rev. 1)

"Detect hardware" says it will install the ide-disk, etc., modules, though
lsmod just shows ide-core installed.

/proc/devices too doesn't show ide in the "block devices" section.

How do I go about solving this issue?

Amit Shah