Re: rootskel and bugreporter-udeb

On Wed, Mar 31, 2004 at 11:37:31PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:

> I don't understand what you're trying to do here.

Save debug logs somewhere besides to my unusable floppy for failures
before prebaseconfig. Since this handy, dandy menu item was sitting
there, I thought I'd get it to do something useful for me.

> Copying longs from /var/log to /var/log/installer on the ramdisk is
> thuroughly pointless and a waste of memory.

Agreed.

> Copying logs to /target/var/log/installer is already done by
> prebaseconfig.

Actually all it does is the following.
	/bin/report-hw        > $logsavedir/hardware-summary
	/bin/package-versions > $logsavedir/package-versions

I think I'll add a `mount | grep target` and only save into target if
it's not empty.

What we probably should do is add a prompt for where to save the logs and
I'll not try to be so clever.

<stephen@marenka.net>