noapic kernel parameter

I am trying to install debian using the current netinsall 100mb iso
image from gluck.debian.org

my machine is AMD K7D Master-L (dual amd motherboard) with only one
processor currently installed, Athlon MP 2100.

I get APIC ERROR ON CPU(0) scrolling across the screen when the kernel
tries to boot from the netinst cd.  I tried typing "linux noapic"  and
"linux disableapic"  and neither one helped.

So I am trying to find out if the noapic is a valid kernel parameter to
pass this debian installer cd.  I could not find a way to disable apic
in my motherboard bios.  I have a current working fedora core install on
this machine, so I know i can get debian to work somehow