Re: d-i beta3 | DHCP

To Sven:

> Yeah, go to :
>
>   http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/
>
> and download the 100MB CD including Debian base, which should contain
> the ppoe .deb. It is available on i386, ia64 and alpha only for now
> though.

It took me two days to download that CD: knoppix downloads about 96M and then
stops. There is a trick to let it download all the 109M, but it was hard to find
for me.

The 100M disk does *not* work, really.

Something called Aptitude freezes the machine
Something called Taskel and Dselect ask for  "Debian GNU/Linux testing _Sarge_
-official Netinst Snapshot i386 Binary1 (20040315)" disc insistently; all I
could do was to unplug the machine.

No way to install that PPPoE thing.

Also, which is the worst, no way to have a computer running, normally (something
like knoppix): how do other (normal) people do with debian?

Thank you Sven, anyway.

 To Michel van der Klei

I tried the new sarge install because I was told that the old woody one was
difficult to run.
As I undertand now, also the new one is unusable for an average user.

> > All I have now is a knoppix disc and an internet connection.
>
> The directory /usr/local/bin contains a little script called
> knxhdinstall, this script can be used to install Knoppix on your hdd.
> Maybe you should try this first and learn some more about Debian
> (Knoppix == Debian based) and how things work.

Thank you.
Probably I will be content with knoppix.

Luigi

Sponsor:
Offerte speciali a partire da 1 euro
Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=1648&d=30-3