Re: m68k bootloader package(s)?

On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 01:41:16PM -0600, Stephen R Marenka wrote:
> Right now the amiga and mac m68k bootloaders don't exist in the debian
> archive. This probably makes sense, because they aren't linux programs.
> However, it makes locating them and making them available for cdroms and
> such more trouble.
>
> The total size is about 2MB.
>
> What do ya'll think, should I put them in a package for convenience or
> just leave them on a website?

I would recomend uploading them to contrib. After all, if i remember
well, both amiboot and apusboot are GPLed software, which just need a
foreign toolchain to build. The same will go for miboot, once we have
reimplemented the first boot stage of it.

See the thread about boot loaders i started, and the legal problems that
have to do with it. This means that debian-installer in main will not be
able to build depend on them, which is a shame, but we may create a
debian-installer-contrib or whatever, which will build the needed stuff
for them, as joeyh suggested.

I have no idea how this can be regrouped into debian-cd or whatever
later on.

Friendly,

Sven Luther