Re: Debian-installer, older hardware, boot loaders, miboot & amiboot & ..

On Sun, Mar 28, 2004 at 07:27:33PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 28, 2004 at 11:55:03AM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> > Jeremie Koenig wrote:
> > > The plan was to request a sarge-ignore tag on the "d-i build-depends on
> > > miboot, which is in contrib", and try to find a better solution for next
> > > releases.
> >
> > This is the first I've heard of this. Has the sarge-ignore status of the
> > GFDL docs really created such a slippery slope? I doubt it.
>
> Well, we had it in woody boot-floppies, it seems.

Ignorance is not precedent.

When we learn that non-free stuff is in main, our Social Contract obliges
us to act on it, not immediately grandfather what we have found into our
definition of "Free Software".

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Computer security is like an onion:
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    the more you dig in, the more you